From a long time ago, all the way to the 24th century- spread out to galaxies far, far away and even planets closer to home. From the cities of Earth, like New York City and West City, to the great cities of Coruscant and Neptonian. Here, the men, women, mutants, aliens, elves, hobbits and those other odd creatures of the bloggersphere boldly go where no blogger has gone before. For one may not always be a hero, but one can always blog...

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Introductions and Such ( and a Yoda bio)

Over on Star Wars Unplugged, we all post "out-of-character" as ourselves. In this way, we've been able to coordinate on different projects and build a little community. I would suggest the same for this site. But that is up to everyone here. I suggest posting your opinion in the comments to this post on whether we should post in character or as ourselves.

Another thing we all did over on Star Wars Unplugged, was to write an introductory post about ourselves, like the one below. It's a great way to get to know everyone as well as get an idea where we all come from.

If you're interested, here's my info. If not, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain:



Bill
32/M/Florida, USA


What made you start a blog like this?
It was my wife's idea. We both are fans of the Incredible Hulk's Blog. (If you haven't checked it out, you should. It's really funny.) One day after reading it, she said that I should do something like that, but with Yoda. It sounded like a funny idea to me, so I gave it a shot.
DarthSide pre-dated my blog, but I wasn't aware of its existence until sometime after I had begun mine.

Why did you choose your particular character?
See above.

If you post often, where do you get ideas?
Do you have a flashlight? I'll show you.
But seriously, I post everyday in order to maintain my traffic. To be honest, I would like to use the popularity of my blog to do other things, so traffic is important to me for now.
I think you have to really define your characters, including your "supporting cast" very well. Give them detailed personalities. That way, when you're trying to think of what to write, you can just close your eyes and imagine your characters interacting with each other. Then a story will come to mind.
I also check my email to see if anyone has emailed me some picture they've manipulated. That makes it really easy. I can always come up with some story around it.
I've begun checking the news before I do each post as well, since I would like to start including current events more in my posts. Unfortunately, most news lately doesn't really lend itself to humor.
Still, it's not always easy! Several times, I've been up at 2am in a Migraine-induced fog (the only time I get to write most days is late at night), trying to think of something. I think that explains all the fart jokes.

Where do you find pictures for use on your blog?
Sometimes someone will email me a picture. Otherwise, I just do a Google or Yahoo search, then Photoshop it. Whenever I use a pic manipulated by someone other than myself, I will always credit that person with a link in the post.

2 Comments:

Blogger Master Yoda said...

Cool. You're the first blogger I've met to also have been inspired by the Hulk's blog.

Say, why don't you also go ahead and post your bio in its own post as well? That way, it will be easier to find if someone wants to look for it later.

6:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

quote: Over on Star Wars Unplugged, we all post "out-of-character" as ourselves. end quote


ooc... I think someone else here plays role playing games LOL

I have found so many when I say occ say HUH?

10:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home